Monday, October 19, 2015

Caleb Smith
EDIT 490
10/19/15

Reflection #3

                The beginning of the chapter is what really stood out to me. I was reminded how important it is to gain the curiosity of students. At the same time, I do think if there is too much information thrown at them at once the students can get burned out. Another risk is not giving them the opportunity to see what else is out there, and students can get bored and what to be somewhere else.
                For me, teaching, coaching, instructing, and mentoring are all stepping stones to the big leagues, parenting. Even though I have no clue what it is to be a parent I believe I will be far more prepared than my dad was. He was a great dad, however, I think if he had been more relatable and human to his children they would have turned out a bit differently, for the better. He did not have all the tools and resources and he did the best he could. Today, he is a different person. He grown and become someone I thought he could never be. I still learn quite a bit from him and have to heed his direction even when it comes to technology, a necessary evil that I benefit from more than I like to admit.
                Technology is a great tool to utilize especially when it comes to taking notes, storing information, and seeing results.
                Copy and pasting are my two best friends when I am doing research for different classes. It is so much less time consuming to copy and paste then it is to copy information down by hand. I can store it easier, find it easier, and understand the words that I am writing, so it helps alleviate a lot of stress.
                I like to come up with different ideas for some designs for shirts every now and then. Sometimes I do a lot of “saving images” on my computer, to come back to later and when I have some extra time. I do not have to waste all type of paper and carrying around a huge case. As a coach, I write down a lot of practice ideas and training programs for my athletes and I store them on my computer. When I do get the chance I like to go back to see what I was doing and couple of years ago to keep myself improving. I also keep a lot of records of athletes lifting programs and practice plans to remind me of some adjustments I may have to make or did not make. Being this allowed me to show athletes their progress, through strength training, diet, endurance training, the outside distractions, and anything else that will affect their performance. I try to document as much as possible, by doing so I have scared some athletes through the amount of information that I had on them.
                In the military we use computers in many capacities. For example, we use technology to conduct simulated patrol routes that help us train on positively identifying the enemy and making maneuvers that could take a toll on our bodies. We are doing more and more training using technology, while still doing practical exercises in field. With that being said, more responsibilities are being put on our plates and excuses are being eliminating not moving up in rank.
                Even though I am not technologies biggest fan, I sure use it a lot.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment